There are currently 0 users and 13 guests online.
Resizing windows and their contents
When resizing a UI element from its corner handle, both dimensions are free to change independently. To limit the dragging behavior, hold down ⇧ while dragging and use one of the following:
Resizing complex windows in IB can be a pain because the contents don't reflow when you change the window size, which means you must resize each widget within the windows afterwards. However, you can hold ⌘ while resizing to make the contents obey their spring configurations and resize accordingly. NOTE: This only works for sub-elements that have spring constraints set in the Size tab of the Inspector. (⇧⌘I, then ⌘3) If you haven't enabled the internal spring(s) for an element, it won't resize itself.
You can make this behavior the default by selecting Layout > Live Autoresizing, in which case ⌘ will perform "normal" resizing.
- If the mouse stays in one place before pressing ⇧, the dimensions will stay proportional.
- If the mouse moves left or right before pressing ⇧, the vertical size will be fixed.
- If the mouse moves up or down before pressing ⇧, the horizontal size will be fixed.
Checking spacing around elements
It can often be useful to see the spacing around objects. Press ⌥ and hover over an element to display the pixel values of the surrounding padding/margin. (This also works while resizing.)
The site has recently been updated. You may notice some of the following issues:
- Some URLs no longer work. Please use the search box.
- File uploads should now be working. If you experience problems, please contact us.