iPhone SDK Development is a Pragmatic guide to get you started developing applications for iPhone and iPod touch. With it, you'll get a complete understanding of the tools and techniques needed to succeed on the platform:
- Use the Xcode IDE to manage your source code, images, sounds, database files, and other application resources, building your app and deploying it onto your own device for testing.
- Develop your user interface the visual, code-free way, with Interface Builder.
- Master the iPhone's unique user interface components, including tables, tab bars, navigation bars, and the multi-touch interface.
- Connect your iPhone to the outside world with networking, exploit the power of a relational database with SQLite, and rock out with first-class support for audio and video.
- Make use of the iPhone's unique mobile APIs, like geolocation and the motion-sensing accelerometer
- Use Xcode's powerful performance and debugging tools to eliminate memory leaks, zombies, and other hazards.
- Understand the process for packaging your application for end-user distribution through Apple's App Store.
With explanations of the big picture and an eye to the little details that you'll need, iPhone SDK Development will help you succeed on today's most important mobile platform.
Publisher site: http://www.pragprog.com/titles/amiphd/iphone-sdk-development